Dr Ellie Pridgeon, FSA
Arch Dip (Aberystwyth)
Vaughan Open Research Forum
Art history tutor
Ellie has been teaching history of art and architecture to mature students since 2002. She has worked for several universities, including Bristol, Cambridge, Oxford, and Sarum College (University of Winchester). She is co-founder and director of Pro Artium in conjunction with Dr Conny Bailey and Dr Miriam Gill.
Ellie has also worked for the University of Leicester Vaughan Centre for Lifelong Learning and at the former Vaughan College since 2002, on the Certificates in Art History, Architecture, and Humanities and Arts and the BA in Humanities and Arts.
Ellie is a professional archivist: she is the director of the archives consultancy firm Consultant Archivist and her archivist work has included time at St Paul’s Cathedral (London) and for the Science Museum. She is a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London.
- Medieval Wall Painting: The Cult of St Christopher (book, forthcoming)
- With Miriam Gill, ‘Understanding the Three Living and Three Dead in England’, in Danse Macabre, ed. by S. Oosterwijk and others (Leiden: Brill 2022) (book chapter, forthcoming)
- With Miriam Gill, ‘Marking Time and Space: A Scheme of Wall Painting at Raunds, Northamptonshire’, in Performance, Ceremony and Display in Late Medieval England. Proceedings of the 2018 Harlaxton Symposium, Harlaxton Medieval Studies , 30, ed. by Julia Boffey (Donington: Shaun Tyas, 2020).
- With Susan Sharp, ‘Patronage and Function: The Medieval Wall Paintings at Lacock Abbey in Wiltshire’, Journal of Medieval Monastic Studies, 2017.
- ‘Researching Medieval Wall Paintings: A Guide to Archival and Unpublished Sources in England and Wales’, The Local Historian, 2015.
- With Andrew Plant, ‘The John Piper Window at the Wiltshire Heritage Museum’, Wiltshire Studies, 2015.
- ‘National and International Trends in Hampshire Churches: A Chronology of St Christopher Wall Painting, c.1250-c.1530’, Hampshire Studies, Vol. 68 (2013).
- With Roger Rosewell, ‘A Wall Painting at Highworth Church, Wiltshire’, Wiltshire Archaeological Magazine, 2012
- ‘St Christopher in Monumental Brass’, Monumental Brasses Society Journal, December 2010
- ‘Various Entries’, in Holy People of the World: A Cross-Cultural Encyclopedia, ed. by P. G. Jestice , 3 Vols., (Abc-Clio, 2004 )
- ‘The Lydiard Tregoze St Christopher Wall Painting’, in Friends Of Lydiard Tregoze Journal, 2002
- Ellie has also written numerous articles for ARC, the Archives and Records Association sector magazine, and for the Group for Education in Museums GEM Newsletter.
Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London (FSA)
Member of the Archives and Records Association
Member of the Information and Records Society
Council member for the Church Monuments Society
Trustee, National Jazz Archive
UK Freelance Representative, Group for Education in Museums