- This course has passed.
Co-operative Education Past and Future
1st July @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
About Co-operative Education Past and Future
Co-operatives Fortnight takes place between 24 June and 7 July and this event is a celebration of what co-operative education has achieved.
The Co-operative College began in 1919 and is celebrating its centenary this year. It has supported members, employees of co-operatives to develop their knowledge and skills and also has worked to be inclusive in providing education to adult learners from diverse backgrounds.
This event will explore how we move forward and progress this unique way of learning. Each speaker will have 15 minutes to talk and then conclude with an open forum for general discussion.
We will also be launching our “Co-operative Poem” following on from the campaign to write a collective poem for Co-operatives Fortnight.
- 10.00 am Coffee and Registration
- 10.30 am Welcome by Jane Powell, Chair of Co-operatives East Midlands Speakers
- 10.35am Co-operative College – Simon Parkinson, CEO
- 10.50 am Vaughan College – Malcolm Noble, Tutor
- 11.05 am Deborah Bacon BA, MSc, Chief Operations Officer, Central Co-operative Learning Trust
- 11.20 am WEA – Nusrat Hathiari, Area Education Manager – Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland
- 11.35 am Central England Co-operative Society – Tanya Noon
- 11.50 am Open Forum & Discussion: Prospects & Challenges
- 12.45 pm Networking Lunch
- 1.30 pm Close
Co-operative Education Past and Future Bookings
To book your place (numbers are limited) please email as detail below:
- Contact Email
- Dietary or mobility requirements
Send your booking to: Jenny, CEM Secretary at email@example.com or 07773705552