- This event has passed.
Annual General Meeting
25th January @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Leicester Vaughan College’s Annual General Meeting is on Thursday 25th January 2024 and will take place on Zoom at 6.30pm. This is a members only meeting. Membership of the Society is £1 and is open to anyone who agrees to our Objects. Click here for a membership form if you would like to join us.
Agenda for AGM
- Apologies for absence and check for quoracy
- Approval of 2023 AGM minutes
- Financial report
- Annual report
- Thanks for those working as Directors
- Election of Directors and Officers
- Update on LVC activities and plans
- Any other business
The minutes of the 2023 Annual General Meeting which took place on 18 January can be found on the Vaughan website here.
The zoom details of the meeting have been emailed to members. If you are a member and you have not received this email, please contact us. If you are not sure whether you are member, please send us an email and we can confirm whether this is the case.
Call for new directors
The current Board would also like you to consider standing for Board membership at the AGM. Presently the Board meets once a month on Zoom, with a break over the summer. In addition to these meetings several Board members are active in supporting liaison, the open forums, community engagement and funding etc. We would welcome new Board members to participate in this work. In particular, we are looking for Directors who:
- teach, or have taught, counselling at higher education (HE) level
- have experience in fundraising
- have experience in networking, relationship-building and cooperative working
- experience in social media/ promotion
- are interested in re-igniting accessible adult HE education in Leicestershire
- are interested in building an alternative, reproducible and sustainable model of Higher Education
For more information about becoming a Director, please visit our Duties of Directors page.